Thursday, September 12, 2013

True Worship

   Worship has been my favorite part of church service for a long time.  I've never cared about the music, the worship leader, or anything else. I've always just loved being in the room with everyone seeking the same thing with the same heart and experiencing God.  As I've experienced more of Him, I would say my definition of worship has changed. You see, I no longer view worship as a set of songs on Sunday.  I don't even connect it with music in the same way I once did.

  I really feel that the definition I went by is what most of the church knows.  What I thought was that worship was a song, or songs, about God that we sing at church.  While that IS an expression of worship, it's a very shallow understanding and experience of what the reality is.
I believe worship is not only a song, but a lifestyle. I was worshiping and praying in my bed room maybe five years ago when I looked up and saw a demon above my bed.  It was white, and it was beautiful. It looked like a living flower.   It smiled at me and said "Worship me".  I of course said no.   However, God showed me how I HAD worshiped it.  It  was a spirit of lust and perversion, and by entertaining lustful thoughts, I was feeding the demon.  Just like blood in water attracts a shark, this demon had been attracted to my lustful thoughts and had come to feed.

     I believe we are worshipers all the time.  It's in our DNA to worship.  We can't stop.  In fact, science has discovered that on our most basic molecular level, we are music.  We are each a unique song that is actually shaped by our emotions!  There is a whole science behind this, and I really would love to go into a rabbit trail here, but I'm trying to avoid that!   I just wanted to mention it because I feel it supports my view that we are ALWAYS worshiping.  Maybe not always God, but I believe every action is an act of worship at the most basic level.   Maybe we are worshiping our cars, or families, our houses, or maybe our jobs.   We can look at what we are most anxious to please, what we are laboring for, and where are our life is pointed.  I think most people worship money or things.  Many worship sex.    I even look at Jesus's temptation with Satan differently.  The whole  "worship me and I'll give you kingdoms"  temptation really stands out in new light with the understanding that our sins feed into the spirit world. Satan could have received any sin as worship, and what he was actually tempting Jesus at the time was doubt.  That's why he said , "IF you are the son of God"
  You see, the "science" of angels is that they feed off of the will of God.  They get substance and strength from doing His will.  Demons, which are just fallen angels, need substance and strength as well.  They obviously do not sustain themselves from the will of God, so therefore they must look else where, which is why our sinning in so important to them! This is why Ephesians 4:26-27 says do not give the devil a foot hold, because by sinning, your are worshiping them and giving them strength.  It's also why James 4:7 says that if you resist the devil, he will flee!  When we are no longer feeding him, he has to go get fed elsewhere.

 This is why Satan and the demons with him want you to sin so badly.   Not only is it a slap in the face of God, but it's also the only way they can get strength.

But this is not suppose to be a blog about the science of demons by any means.  I just wanted to share how crucial it is to stay focused on God and worshiping Him. Worshiping Him really does start in every area of your life!  You don't even have to change most of the things you do, you just have to change the motives.  

Eating!!!!  Your eating can be an expression of worship! Start eating healthy, so that you can serve God with your body for years to come.  Give your body substance and take care of it so that you can use it to further His Kingdom. Things like even working, you can be at work, extending the Kingdom of God and you can use the money you earn there to do the same!   Even TV and movies!  Yes, your mind needs to be ministered to as well!  Allow your mind to be refreshed and entertained so that you can rest better and enjoy time with your family.  Your mind being ministered to is good stewardship of what God gave you, and is therefore, worship, as long as it's done with decent tv and not in access.

  I really do believe that every action we do is worship, and it's important to change our motives and actions in a way that only blesses God and furthers Heaven.  Yes, it's radical, but are we called to be anything else?  Radical Christianity is the only Christianity endorsed by the Bible!
  True worship is not a song we sing, but a life we live, and the sweetest worship we can give is how we live when no one else is watching. Integrity is worship.  This is really convicting to me in a lot of ways to see how I have worshiped demons and entertained them with our meaning to. However, conviction is not my motive, and I don't want anyone to feel a heavy burden or feel terrible for entertaining demons! When you fall, Jesus will stop you from drowning, but it's important that you try and stop.  It's important that you try and walk forward. When you fall, fall forward, into the arms of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment